Monday, August 30, 2010

Monday, August 30, 2010 President to America: "birth certificate plastered on my forehead" In an interview with NBC, the man who occupies the Oval O

Monday, August 30, 2010

President to America: "birth certificate plastered on my forehead"

In an interview with NBC, the man who occupies the Oval Office said that polls indicating a third of Americans did not believe he was Christian and nearly a fifth believe he is a Muslim were the result of a misinformation campaign by his conservative enemies. Getting a bit indignant, he said, "I can't spend all of my time with my birth certificate plastered on my forehead." Jesus said in Matthew 7:20, "Wherefore by their fruits you shall know them." By supporting Islam over Israel; the building of an Islamic mosque near ground zero; appointing an inordinate number of Muslims to high government positions; and proposing spending tax dollars on remodeling mosques--the American people are getting the picture.

There is a lot more to this. On March 27, 2004, the man who now occupies the Oval Office denied the deity of Christ, defined Christ as Muslims define Him, said there were many ways to eternity, defined sin as "being out of alignment with" his own values", and defined heaven in Islamic terms. He did so in an interview with Cathleen Falsani, author of "The God Factor: Inside the Spiritual Lives of Public People." In his own words, he describes his faith in Islamic terms, from an Islamic worldview of Christianity. He said, "Jesus is a historical figure for me, and he's also a bridge between God and man, in the Christian faith, and one that I think is powerful precisely because he serves as that means of us reaching something higher."

He said, "There's the belief, certainly in some quarters, that people haven't embraced Jesus Christ as their personal savior that they are going to hell...I find it hard to believe that my God would consign four-fifths of the world to hell." He continued, "I can't imagine that my God would allow some little Hindu kid in India who never interacts with the Christian faith to somehow burn for all eternity...I think that each of us when we walk into our church or mosque or synagogue are interpreting that experience in different ways, are reading scriptures in different ways and are arriving at our own understanding at different ways and in different phases."

He concluded, "If all it took was someone proclaiming 'I believe Jesus Christ and that he died for my sins,' and that was all there was to it, people wouldn't have to keep coming to church, would they?" If you have any doubt where the president stands from his own words about his faith, just look at his actions. But the worst of it is that he actually denies the central doctrine of Christianity by saying there is more than one way to heaven. Jesus Christ said in John 14:6, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes unto the Father, but by me." The president gave us his answer in the comment about wearing his birth certificate on his forehead--he was born a Muslim and his fruits bear witness to his faith.

Have a Blessed and Powerful Day!
Bill Wilson
Word of Life Ministry

No comments: